Our Lamb Ossobuco is a delicious variation from the classic Ossobuco dish.
- 7 Pieces Lamb Shank (pork can also be substituted for lamb in this recipe)
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 1⁄2 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 2 1⁄2 Quarts of Chicken Stock
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme
- Season lamb with salt and pepper and sear in a pan.
- Remove from the pan once seared and add your onion, celery, carrots, and garlic cloves.
- Sauté the vegetables and tomato paste in the pan, then de-glaze with 2 cups of red wine.
- Add 2 1⁄2 quarts of chicken stock, along with rosemary and time.
- Place the lamb back into the pan, then cover and braise for 2 hours at 325°F.
- Remove the lamb shank from the pan.
- Strain and thicken the sauce from the pan with a roux.
- Plate your dish and enjoy with your favorite sides, like fresh vegetables or mashed potatoes!