Learn how to make our Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus & Lemon!
2 lbs. Asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 tbsp. Chili Powder
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
½ tsp. Salt, divided
1 lb. Tilapia Fillets
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in pan, cover and steam until tender &
crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate, spreading out to
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a
plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until
just opaque in the center, gently turning halfway, 5 to 7 minutes
- Divide among 4 plates. Immediately add lemon juice, the
remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and asparagus to the pan and cook,
stirring constantly, until the asparagus is coated and heated through,
about 2 minutes. Serves 4.